In order to qualify for an UNREDUCED benefit under the TSERS (Teachers’ and State Employees Retirement System) a member must meet the following criteria:
1) 30 years of membership service regardless of age; OR
2) 25 years of service AND at least age 60; OR,
3) 5 years of service AND at least age 65.
To qualify for a REDUCED benefit, a member must have:
1) 20 years of membership service AND at least age 50; OR
2) 5 years of service AND at least age 60.
If you would like to view an estimate of your future retirement benefits and view your TSERS/LGERS account information online via ORBIT (Online Retirement Benefits through Integrated Technology), visit the ORBIT website and register if you have not previously registered as a user in the ORBIT system.
You will notice various options on the left side of the screen that allow you to create custom estimates to see what your future benefits will look like from TSERS. The estimates will be there for you to view and or print off as necessary.